We've Got Balls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the members of the We've Got Balls fantasy baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Change to Roto League

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grady Sizemore

Change to Roto League Empty
PostSubject: Change to Roto League   Change to Roto League Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey guys,

Just want to introduce myself. I am Grady Sizemore, here at the fall and winter meetings to represent Grady's Ladies in any league discussions and trade talk. And I also would like to make it clear that I am nasty - 40-40 next year.

Anyway, to reiterate what I posted on the league message board, I think we should consider changing this to a rotisserie league.

Here are a few of my reasons:

- Echoing the sentiments of Uncle Roto, it is very tough to gauge the value of your team when you are dealing with weekly segments. Your record may be misleading depending when you play a team.
- Not taking anything away from the past winners, as they had more balanced teams than I did, but I think head-to-head is too much of a crapshoot, especially come playoff time. Plus, it really sucks when you have some of your great players' stats wasted because you ran into a team that went insane the week you played them.
- The head-to-head gets kind of boring. You can basically just put it on cruise control, hope you catch teams at the right time, and get hot in the playoffs.

Conversely,
- Rotisserie leagues require owners to be active if they want to compete. I think this type of league is more conducive to trades.
- You can easily gauge your team needs.
- There is more strategy involved.
- All of your players' stats factor in the season outcome regardless of what other teams did during particular weekly segments.

Indians suck.
-Grady
Back to top Go down
DamnYank
Admin
DamnYank

Change to Roto League Empty
PostSubject: Re: Change to Roto League   Change to Roto League Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:26 am

Hi Grady,

Once we get everyone signed up Ill put up a poll so we can vote on this
Back to top Go down
https://wgbforum.board-directory.net

Change to Roto League
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We've Got Balls :: Rule Changes-
Jump to: